“Theology is political language. What people think about God, Jesus Christ, and the church cannot be separated from their own social and political status in a society.” James Cone’s words from 1969 still resonate today.
The Public Theologians podcast is a conversation with activists, academics, abolitionists and more whose faith compels them to push back against the status quo and work together for a new vision for the future.
To support the show: patreon.com/caseyhobbs
Full episode list: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/public-theologians/id1525433436?uo=4
Phil Nellis – Sabbath, rest and slowing down (rebroadcast) – Public Theologians
- Phil Nellis – Sabbath, rest and slowing down (rebroadcast)
- Samuel Perry and Andrew Whitehead – Talking Christian nationalism
- Stolen Elections: Two Can Play this Game – From caseyhobbs.substack.com
- Kristy Nabhan-Warren – Meatpacking America 2
- Kristy Nabhan-Warren – Meat Packing America Part 1
- Robert P. Jones – White Too Long
- Obery Hendricks – Political Docetism in the Leadup to the Iraq War
- Biko Mandela Gray – Black Lives Matter in/of Religion
- Biko Mandela Gray – Unexamined Goodness
- Danté Stewart – Shoutin' in the Fire