“Theology is political language. What people think about God, Jesus Christ, and the church cannot be separated from their own social and political status in a society.” James Cone wrote these words in 1969 and the words resonate today.
The Public Theologians podcast is a conversation with activists, academics, abolitionists and more whose faith compels them to push back against the status quo and work together for a new vision for the future.
To support the show: patreon.com/caseyhobbs
Full episode list: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/public-theologians/id1525433436?uo=4
Sheila Gregoire – The Great Sex Rescue – Public Theologians
- Sheila Gregoire – The Great Sex Rescue
- Colleen Shaddox and Joanne Samuel Goldblum – Broke in America
- Chris Nelson – Citizen Activist
- Obery Hendricks – Christians Against Christianity
- Carolyn Foster – Reverence in All the Wrong Places
- Daniel K Williams – Abortion, Right, Left and the Politics of the Cross
- Mandy Smith – Unfettered: Imagining a Childlike Faith beyond the Baggage of Western Culture
- Daniel Walden – How to Stop Talking Theological Nonsense About the Transgender Community
- Kristin Kobes Du Mez – History as Gossip
- Mason Mennenga – Process Theology