“Theology is political language. What people think about God, Jesus Christ, and the church cannot be separated from their own social and political status in a society.” James Cone wrote these words in 1969 and the words resonate today.
The Public Theologians podcast is a conversation with activists, academics, abolitionists and more whose faith compels them to push back against the status quo and work together for a new vision for the future.
To support the show: patreon.com/caseyhobbs
Full episode list: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/public-theologians/id1525433436?uo=4
Oscar Romero's Final Sermon and the call for Justice – Public Theologians
- Oscar Romero's Final Sermon and the call for Justice
- Killian Noe – Creating a Place to Belong
- Jason Kobielus – Organizing DSA for #BamazonUnion
- Jo Luehmann – Decolonize your faith!
- Cancel Culture is a joke
- Beth Allison Barr: The Making of Biblical Womanhood
- Olivia Sonell – Working Class Christianity, Marxism, Socialism, Communism and More!
- Lucas Kwong – Against Christian Xenophobia
- Who is a Theologian?
- Kristyn Komarnicki – Oriented to Love