“Theology is political language. What people think about God, Jesus Christ, and the church cannot be separated from their own social and political status in a society.” James Cone’s words from 1969 still resonate today.
The Public Theologians podcast is a conversation with activists, academics, abolitionists and more whose faith compels them to push back against the status quo and work together for a new vision for the future.
To support the show: patreon.com/caseyhobbs
Full episode list: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/public-theologians/id1525433436?uo=4
Haeden Wright – Brookwood Miner's Strike – Dissident Orthodoxy
- Haeden Wright – Brookwood Miner's Strike
- Paul Bowers – Student debt forgiveness
- Lauren Turek – Russia, Ukraine and Endless War
- Aaron Leonard – The Folk Singers and the FBI
- Matt Sutton – The CIA's secret missionary spies
- Michael Graziano – Religion as a tool of the CIA
- Dean Strang – The FBI has always been anti-labor and anti-left
- Peter Cole – Wobblies: solidarity as religion
- Stephen Kinzer – MK Ultra, the CIA and LSD
- Daniel K Williams – Abortion, Right, Left and the Politics of the Cross