“Theology is political language. What people think about God, Jesus Christ, and the church cannot be separated from their own social and political status in a society.” James Cone wrote these words in 1969 and the words resonate today.
The Public Theologians podcast is a conversation with activists, academics, abolitionists and more whose faith compels them to push back against the status quo and work together for a new vision for the future.
To support the show: patreon.com/caseyhobbs
Full episode list: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/public-theologians/id1525433436?uo=4
Obery Hendricks – Political Docetism in the Leadup to the Iraq War – Public Theologians
- Obery Hendricks – Political Docetism in the Leadup to the Iraq War
- Biko Mandela Gray – Black Lives Matter in/of Religion
- Biko Mandela Gray – Unexamined Goodness
- Danté Stewart – Shoutin' in the Fire
- Brian Stiltner – War on Afghanistan and How Christians Can Help Avoid the Next Immoral Invasion
- Public Theologians Ain't Too Proud To Beg Giveaway!
- Swift Justice – Protest for Solidarity with Kinetic Justice
- Anthea Butler – White Evangelical Racism
- Eric Hall – Putting People First
- Lucas Kwong – Meeting the Moment with the Honesty is Requires